Academic motivation-is it possible to maintain it in the long run?

Hey Everyone!
Welcome to my blog.

The question I am asking myself today is- is it possible to maintain academic motivation for life? If yes, what will go into maintaining it?

Image source: self

I have been a student for most of my life. I took some time off when I got married and moved countries. Otherwise, life has been quite sorted with learning and teaching. Some of the people I know said that I was in my academic bubble, but it is life and I do not see a point in regretting it. 

Image source: uwo.ca

One thing I noticed and would like to improve is my academic motivation. I remember being younger and being involved in studies differently. It was different as I grew older. It was much different when I joined college. and it grew to be another variant now that I am a researcher. Do not get me wrong, when I say different, it doesn't mean low. it just means that there were different stimulants to doing it and it varied in frequency and zeal. Sometimes I was satisfied with less, knowing that I can do it later. and sometimes it felt like do or die. 

So academics are about doing good in your exams? Or is it about learning and practicing? or is it having to remember in the long run?

There are different schools of thought and You can pick your lane! 

Image source: Pioneering minds

But the real crux is maintaining consistency in the long run. Consistency to do better than we were yesterday. We must understand that it is a marathon and not a sprint.


Comments